Sick of lugging your laptop around with you?
For many business owners, staying connected to your email, social media and important documents ultimately means lugging the laptop around with you.
They may have gotten smaller and lighter over the years, but they’re still a pain in the ass to carry about. Especially if you’re going on holiday!
We have all been there haven’t we? Standing at security. Trying to take your belt and shoes off. Unload your 100ml of shampoo from the holdall, while being asked to take the laptop out of the bag, the charger…. extra bonus points if you also have a couple of kids in tow that you’re trying to deal with at the same time!
There has got to be an easier way?
Well there is! Not only is a refurbished iPad much cheaper than a laptop but is capable of running the vast majority of business tasks just an easily – and in many cases, far faster than the laptop!
What business functions can you easily undertake on an iPad?
- Manage your Social Media – respond to comments, schedule posts and carry on as though you had never left the office
- Respond to emails
- Open up Powerpoint presentations and view them (from email)
- Skype call your clients or colleagues
- With Adobe Suite applications available on iPad you can continue to edit photos or undertake design work easily while on the move
- Banking and invoicing. With many businesses now using Cloud based systems such as Quickbooks or Xero, it is simply a matter of downloading the free App and carrying on as normal. Check your bank balance and see if your clients have paid. Send reminders or reconcile your transactions.
- Type up letters, ideas, notes or written copy by connecting a keyboard to your iPad! Typing lengthy documents isn’t ideal with the iPad keyboard, but connect a regular lightweight keyboard using the USB port and you can type away as normal! There are even some iPad cases on the market with a built-in keyboard.
Are there any business functions that you can’t do from your iPad?
We are really struggling to think of any! Using Excel, Word and Powerpoint to create documents is a limitation (viewing these documents is fine but editing them or working in them is an issue) but there are lots of workarounds for this, certainly for fairly short trips away.
For the vast majority of people, an iPad would be more than sufficient for a seamless continuation of productivity while travelling. Why not give it a try yourself?